Apr 7, 2012

Funny Thing Today....

Ah our Sam.  Trip to the hospital, several hours spent.  No matter how badly Sam feels she is forever the joker.  You see, funny thing about the dynamics of  a group of care-givers with their friend or family member, you tend to find humor in about every step of every day; a little pick me up given to the other that seems to be at their ropes end or cried their last tear.  Not every day is an exercise in soul flushing, there is allot of things that we all can poke fun at ourselves and each other with.  I told Sam about our new blog today, she is excited for us to work on this as much as possible.  She asked if she could see it and if she would be able to add her own thoughts to our online journal.  I told her she was more than welcome but she had to keep some of our funnies to herself and not put it out there for the world to see because some people just wouldn't understand.  Falls have become quiet common place in our lives with Sam, we usually take then in stride, learn a lesson, treat the boo boos or take to someone that can if it is bad.  On Tuesday, we thought for sure we could take an outing, knowing full well that she didn't feel completely up to it, but cabin fever had set in for her.  True to form, my arms were loaded up with two purses, the extra bottles of waters that an MSA person needs for their constant thirst, our bag of tricks as we like to call her meds and other paraphernalia and her "stick" for walking.  If you can picture this, my rump propping open the door, a purse on each shoulder and arm full with both arms outstretched to block a front tilt or a back tilt should she stumble.  For some reason, she seems to think the 18 year old bush next to the walk will hold her should she hang on to it to navigate the steps.  On this day, we decided to test it out I guess, halfway into a fall she says "I'm going".  Really?  Half way through?  This is a full on left tilt, the only side I was not guarding so all I could do was gently guide her into that bush as she dies laughing and was laughing so hard I couldn't get her out immediately.  We got her up, brushed her off, checked for injuries and went on our way.  That evening, when her husband came home she told him I called her a name and pushed her in the bush.  LOL!  We played that for all it was worth, I fell into chatter along with her bickering about how she had pushed me to my limits and she pinched me so I dropped her in the bush.  I guess you would have had to be there to understand the funny in this.  To an outsider, these moments would seem like abuse (even though it was an accidental fall) and to any one other than us they may get offended.  So the joke continued today with how I tell her if she doesn't move faster I will push her out of the way and she tells again of the day she ended in the bush.

No comments:

Post a Comment