Apr 16, 2012

Meet The real Kris

Kris has been my best friend for almost 12 years. When I first moved to KY she was one of the first people I met. I was outside and she came out of her house madder than fire at her children. The first thought that came to my mind was "she sure would make a good drill sergeant".
Well, let me tell you, when you are fighting for your life, that's who you want on your side!
While my head was still reeling with the question of just "what is MSA and what does that mean?" Kris had already spent countless hours researching it and learning how she could help. She has created all kinds of medical charts ( blood pressure, weight, food and liquid intake,and a medicine chart to put all  medicine charts to shame). Medicine name (generic and common) dosage and description of pill. When we go to the Dr.'s we take it all with us in a binder. The Dr.'s expect to see it. It makes their job easier. Oh sure, they ask me how I'm doing but, then turn to Kris and ask what can we do?  Most Dr.'s don't even know what MSA is let alone treat it. I think they are jealous of her knowledge. I'm just glad she's on my side!
She has been with me through it all. The anger, the wanting to give up, the pain, wiped my brow, even lets me cry when I want to.
It has to be hard watching someone you care for slip away knowing you really have no control. I know because I watch them watching me. So, we've come to a quite understanding. We discuss all aspects of my wants and needs, my final wishes and how I would like things to be handled. And then.........We laugh, and joke, and cut up. We find the lighter side to whatever comes our way. Most of all we cherish the time we do have and snub our noses at everything else.
If ever you have the opportunity to meet or talk to Kris, tell her it's not nice to push people into bushes.

5 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! Very funny Sam. I love ya though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, You also write well. I am going to appreciate your perceptions and experiences. You and Kristianna are a blessing and will be to more and more people as you publish. Do you and Kris know about the CurePSP online discussions that we have once monthly? There is one tonight at five for people with MSA. You have register to participate. Go to the following link: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/759482131

    Gary and/or Vera are the discussion leaders. I will be there. The time is 5 Pac Time and 8 Eastern time. Hope to hear you there. Blessings! Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan, I will get us registered tomorrow. I think it is a little late for us tonight. Sam usually takes her meds around 8 and has had a tough day today with starting back up physical therapy. Thank you so much for sharing the link! We will certainly look through it and see when we can join another meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris, I appreciate that it was kind of late notice for today. It is every month, the Third Monday (is that what this is-- the third Monday?) Anyway, tonight I shared your blog address with our friends in the group. They will probably be reading and some may drop you a line! I hope you didn't mind, but I like your blog, so I shared about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't mind at all, thank you for sharing! I will put third Monday's on our calanders. Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete