Apr 9, 2012

Hospital Stay

Spent a couple of hours at the hospital today with Sam.  She is doing well, seems to be getting better.  Played a couple of games of Yahtzee now that she is in a room alone.  We like playing Yahtzee, is one of her favorite past times. She usually kicks my rump, but today I had a little unfair advantage with her on several meds that are not her normal.  Hey, I'll take it!  They have her on thickened liquids while in there, and dinner had two beverages of this thickened state.  She kept daring me to try it, that it was really gross, to talk me into drinking some she kept saying "Go ahead!  As my best friend I owe it to you to share!"  Way to go Sam, quilt me into it...I tried it, wasn't so bad, sort of like a milk shake...actually tasted pretty good.  She laughed at me because I liked it.  I guess I liked it because it was a choice for me to drink it, for her it was not a choice.  Later in the morning today she will have some swallowing scans to see if she is swallowing okay, I hope she still is for her sake, she can't forgo her sweet tea.  Forever the southerner, can't mess with her sweet tea, don't thicken that for heaven's sake!

1 comment:

  1. Kristianna, This is a marvelous blog you have put together and it means so much to your best friend, I am sure. I am impressed by your thoughtful and descriptive writing and your desire to support your friend with MSA. Thank you for joining my blog and for writing this one, too!

    ReplyDelete